News of the Week (3 – 10 October)
1. Square Buys $50 Million in Bitcoin
Square, the payments firm founded from Jack Dorsey, Twitter’s founder, bought $50 million in bitcoins, with average price at $10,600.
2. Line Starts Lending Services through Cryptocurrencies
The popular messaging app Line from Japan expands in lending industry through cryptocurrencies.
3. Google Starts Using EOS Blockchain
Google, through Google Cloud, is expected to be one of the major nodes for EOS in the near future.
4. Tim Draper Triples its Investments in Blockchain
A $25 million new fund will be established from Tim Draper, who continues to invest in blockchain projects, increasing his position in them.
5. Guideline for Opening a Crypto Business in Switzerland
CoiTelegraph issued a brief guide for crypto businesses that want to operate in Switzerland.